- Conventions are followed without departure. The patterns that you use when you create code can be made into templates that will always be true to your rules.
- Large amounts of code can be generated automatically, and built into your application within the same hour.
Higher quality code with increased functionality
- When you enhance a template, you enhance all the code that you will create from it. This is software reuse at its best.
- Templates take planning, design, and time to create. Creating templates is more challenging than creating special purpose code with an eye towards reuse; you're solving the problem for multiple projects, not just for one.
- Templates are suitable for use when the usage situation matches the assumptions made when creating the template. You may need a diverse set of templates if your needs are also diverse.